Progressing to Full Registration – Expression of Interest
This Expression of Interest (EOI) form is for teachers with provisional registration who are interested in progressing to full registration. It should only be lodged after you have had a discussion with your principal/manager (or their delegate) and they have confirmed that your workplace has the resources to provide a workplace assessment panel.
- The EOI asks you to nominate the year you expect to complete the process and lodge your application to progress to full registration with the Board. Your completed application can be lodged at any time in that year.
- An EOI should only be lodged after you have had a discussion with your principal/manager (or their delegate) and they have confirmed that your workplace has the resources to provide an appropriate workplace assessment panel in the same year that you expect to complete the process (as nominated on your EOI).
- The timeframe to complete the progressing to full registration process is different for everyone. If you nominate that you will complete the process in 2022 and later you (or your workplace) decide you will not complete it until 2023, you (and your workplace) are asked to advise the Board of this change. We will confirm this with you (and your workplace) before we update our records.
- Part 4 of the EOI asks you to confirm you have read the Board’s Progressing from Provisional to Full Registration Policy.
- The principal/manager of TasTAFE/their delegate must currently hold full registration to teach.
- Progressing to full registration is a nationally consistent process that relies on, in part, a recommendation for full registration following an assessment of the applicant’s practice against the proficient career stage standard descriptors of the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers (the Teacher Standards) by a workplace panel of teachers with full registration. It is a resource-intensive process that is best aligned with a teacher’s induction, PDP, or confirmation of permanency processes.
- An EOI should only be lodged after the applicant has had a discussion with their principal/TasTAFE manager (or the person who is delegated responsibility for the process), and gained their confirmation that the workplace has the resources to provide an appropriate workplace assessment panel in that calendar year.
- We suggest that workplaces record which teachers are approved to undertake the process in a given year and create a workplace calendar to keep everyone on track (in consultation with the applicant and panel members).
- To support workplace planning, we have created a two-year rolling EOI Form with a requirement for both the applicant and the principal/manager/delegate to sign.
- If you/the applicant nominates that they anticipate they will complete the process and lodge their application to progress to full registration in 2022 and the workplace later determines that the applicant will complete the process in 2023, please advise the Board via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will confirm the change with both you and the applicant before we update our records.